Ergo Mat Splitter
RRP £4.49 O
- Gently removes mats and tangles
- With safe design to keep blade away from the skin
- The Mat Splitter easily slices through mats and tangles to gently remove them from your dog's coat.
How to use the Mat Splitter:
1. Use a brush or comb to go through your dog's coat to locate mats and tangles.
2. Place the base of the Mat Splitter on your dog's skin. Keep the Mat Splitter at an upright angle.
3. With the tapered guide next to the mat, gently slide the Mat Splitter forwards into the mat. Be careful not to dig the Mat Splitter into the skin, this will cause discomfort.
4. Move the Mat Splitter gently back and forth until it has cut through the mat. Do not use excessive force, work slowly and gently until the mat is removed.
Warning: This product cot contains a sharp blade. Please take care when using this product. Never use the Mat Splitter on folded skin or loose skin. Never lift or pull at your pet's fur while using the Mat Splitter. Never use the Mat Splitter at an angle. Make sure your dog is standing still while you use the Mat Splitter. Keep this product away from children. Keep this product safely away from your pet when not in use.
Grooming tips: Grooming is a wonderful way to bond with your dog, but dogs that are new to grooming should be introduced to it slowly. Begin grooming sessions when your dog is relaxed, if possible, after they have exercised. Use tools gently and avoid tugging on the skin or on knots or mats. Give your dog plenty of reassurance throughout the grooming session. Pause or end the grooming session if your dog becomes agitated or shows signs of stress. Keep grooming sessions brief to begin with, and increase the length of the sessions as your dog becomes used to grooming.